Essential Academic Skills: Searching Online
In this session you will be shown how to conduct independent research to find information sources beyond your reading list. We'll share tips for effective searching using our discovery tool 'Library Search' and introduce you to a range of databases to find books, journal articles and audio-visual material relevant to your work. We will also consider the importance of multiple perspectives and reflect on criteria that can be used to evaluate information.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Identify suitable information sources for your searching
- Conduct effective keyword searches to return relevant results
- Filter your searches to find relevant material
- Consider appropriate criteria for the evaluation of information
This workshop will be held on Microsoft Teams. Please register for the link to join the workshop.
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- 12:00 - 13:00
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.