Zotero for Managing your References Online
This beginners workshop will introduce you to the freely available reference management software called Zotero. Zotero can help you collect and manage your references as you find them and then quickly add them to your written work using automated in-text citations and an automatically generated reference list.
You must have installed Zotero in advance of the session. This video guide can help you to do so. If you have difficulties in downloading it, please contact Greg Bennett (greg.bennett [@gold.ac.uk]) at least two days in advance of the class.
By the end of this session students should be able to:
- Check their Zotero is correctly set up and synced to their account
- Understand the basic layout and benefits of Zotero
- Use simple methods to add references to their Zotero library and make edits
- Use the Zotero word processor plugin
- Produce a reference list in a style of your choice
Zotero is recommended for all students and researchers who want to use to a tool to manage their references. Zotero is particularly useful for longer projects, dissertations, or research.
Please note, this workshop may be recorded. If you have any concerns about appearing in a recording, or any other queries about this workshop, please email Academic Support.
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.