Finding Resources: Social Sciences
This session will focus on finding resources, including peer-reviewed journal articles, for your research and other academic assignments.
We will cover:
- Search techniques
- Finding journal articles
- Identifying research articles/empirical studies
The session will cover skills applicable to a wide range of disciplines, with a focus on social science resources databases such as PsycInfo, Sociological Abstracts, and JSTOR.
This session will therefore be most relevant to students from the following departments (but open to all)
- Social, Therapeutic and Community Studies (STACS)
- Politics and International Relations
- Educational Studies
- Institute for Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship (ICCE)
- Institute of Management Studies